New Yorker, Photojournalist, World Traveler . . .
I love my work, but body-centered psychotherapy is just one fat slice of my life. I’m also a native New Yorker, a photojournalist, a world traveler, a self-defense instructor, and a cowgirl. I am a true believer in letting one’s own personal freak fly.
At the core of it all, I am a real and honest person… a mix of heart, brains and fun. Having grown up in a spirited Italian family in New York City, I live life with grounded enthusiasm, and know how to hold my own.
Before shifting gears and embarking on a path that led me, eventually, to psychotherapy, I worked for years as a documentary newspaper photojournalist. My office was the world at large. My work took me to many diverse places–from a rural farm in Kansas to the White House in Washington, DC, to the photo studio where I turned food into art to war in foreign countries.
But photojournalism isn’t all glamour and grins. At times it can be traumatic, heart-pounding work. After 15-years, I was fried, and needed to slow down, rest and heal.
In the hiatus that followed, I discovered the healing and life affirming powers of body-centered therapies. And, I started to listen as my body informed me of imbalances, insights, and needs. I slowly began the process of learning to unwind trauma from my own nervous system, and rediscover what it is like to feel both calm and inspired.
Eventually, my professional evolution led me to pursue a graduate degree in somatic psychotherapy. And, the learning continues in the constant discovery of new body-centered practices to regenerate and enrich my own life many times over.
I would be honored to help you open up this enlivening world within you.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- MA in Somatic Psychology from John F. Kennedy University
- Certified School Counselor (PPS from St. Mary’s College)
- Certified Therapeutic Horseback Riding Instructor, Path International
- Certified Self Defense Instructor, Impact Bay Area
- Certified Yoga Instructor
- Currently pursuing certification in the Hakomi Method
- Currently a student of Visionary Craniosacral Work
- Currently a student of EMDR
- Lover of nature, nourishing food, play and anything with fur – as in animals (Woof!)
Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken.