Our Work For Embodied Living
You deserve to thrive, and my role is to help you do just that. Although I draw from effective and powerful methods, the foundation of my work is that I am a real and warm presence. My therapeutic style is interactive, positive, direct, refreshingly humorous and appropriately transparent. I will tell it to you straight, and am committed to being your ally.
As a somatic (body oriented) psychotherapist, I avoid the rigid and antiquated aspects of the traditional therapy world to better help people bring their whole, confident selves into all their interactions – at work and at home, in social settings and intimacy. The focus of our collaborative sessions will generally be on engaging and shifting core beliefs, building resources, finding both ease and aliveness, and designing the life you want now.
In addition to tuning into the felt experiences of the body via somatic work, sessions with me will blend elements of relational psychotherapy, the Hakomi method, horse-assisted therapy (say, what?), attachment work, coaching, and, as appropriate, therapeutic touch. My orientation also draws from my deep connection to nature and commitment to multicultural awareness. Everything we do will be trauma-informed, and draw from relevant neuroscientific research.
In a nutshell, our work together will be “experiential” with a focus on what is happening for you in the “here-and-now” of our session. We will tap into the wisdom held in your body and the power of mindful self awareness, a practice that builds bridges in different parts of the brain, allowing for new possibilities in emotional patterns and access to new choices.
My commitment is to your empowerment. I can only imagine what is possible in that world. That world is what wakes me up in the morning.
Who I Work With
Choosing a therapist is an important personal decision. I work with individuals (adults and young adults). I am a good fit for people who are committed and passionate about making a difference in the world by bringing their courageous, generous, and authentic multidimensional selves into all areas of their lives. I welcome people of any race, age, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, and I am kink and poly friendly. Come as you are!
Benefits of therapy (with me):
- Embrace your inner badass: Self esteem, motivation, assertiveness and empowerment
- Collaborative exploration of identity, life or career transitions
- Access a bangin’ toolbox to manage acute stress and PTSD
- Laughing, a lot, because it is life affirming.
- Riding the rapids through grief and loss of aging parents (Been there!)
- Access your basic goodness
- Explore your blind spots and deepen your multicultural awareness
- Support around major surgery and traumatic brain injuries (Done that!)
- Become a black belt in self awareness and boundary setting
- Learn to skillfully access and manage your range of emotions
- Get your sexy on! Find safety and sensuality in your own body.
- Spit shine your communication skills with precision, clarity, and appropriate assertiveness.
- Become a love bomb – the good kind.
- Learn to let your personal freak fly!
If your gut tells you we might be a fit, be in touch at 510-496-6090 or email me.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.